- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Meringue Torte Recipe
|Sifted cake flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Or Frozen)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||2 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1110 Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 605.9 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 216 g71.9%
Dietary Fiber 5.2 g20.7%
Sugars 157.9 g
Protein 32 g63.1%
Vitamin A 16.3% Vitamin C 34.8%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 46.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs in large bowl until thick and lemon colored. Gradually add granulated sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time; beat well after each addition.
3. Beat in lemon rind. With electric mixer at low speed, blend in flour mixture, one third at a time, making sure flour is absorbed after each addition.
4. Spoon batter into 8 x 8 x 2-inch baking pan with nonstick finish; bake for 20 minutes or until cake tester inserted in center comes out clean. Set pan on wire rack to cool for 10 minutes; remove shell from pan and place on wire rack to cool completely.
5. To make topping, combine blueberries, water and honey in small saucepan. Simmer, covered, over low heat until blueberries are tender and skins burst, about 10 minutes; cool.
6. Using electric mixer at high speed, beat egg whites in medium bowl until soft peaks form; gradually add confectioners' sugar, beating until egg whites are stiff.