- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Meringue Pie Recipe
|Almond extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cultivated blueberries||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Fresh)|
|Cornflakes||3 Cup (48 tbs) (About 1 1/2 Cups Crumbs)|
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 74
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 5.1 g25.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 21.5 mg
Sodium 268 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 33 g11.1%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 14.9 g
Protein 4 g8%
Vitamin A 12.7% Vitamin C 7.7%
Calcium 0.4% Iron 34.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 300° F.
2. Clean freshly cultivated blueberries and dry it by spreading it over the layers of absorbent towels.
3. Prepare 1 1/2 cups of crumbs by crushing the cornflakes.
4. Blend in 2 tbsp of sugar with crumbs.
5. Allow the butter to soften at room temperature and blend it with cornflake crumbs.
6. Add the crumb mixture to the 9-inch pie plate and spread it over the bottom and sides of the pie plate. by using the back of spoon.
7. Bake the mixture for 10 minutes at 375° F for about 10 minutes.
8. Allow the mixture to get cooled.
9. Take a bowl and add egg whites to it and beat them until stiff.
10. Fold in sugar in gradual manner and whip after every addition.
11. Add on almond extract, salt and cream of tartar and whip until the mixture gets glossy and thick.
12. Add dried blueberries to the mixture and ensure that they are not broken.
13. Add the blueberry meringue to the baked crumb crust.
14. Create the swirl designs over meringue using wet spoon.
15. Bake the mixture for 15 minutes at 300° F until it gets browned.
16. When done remove from oven and let the mixture to get cooled.
16. Serve after cutting the mixture.