- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Lemon Muffins Recipe
|All purpose flour||1 3⁄4 Cup (28 tbs), sifted|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well-beaten|
|Fresh blueberries/Frozen whole blueberries - 1 cup, thawed||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Butter/Margarine||2 Tablespoon, melted|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1591 Calories from Fat 330
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g57.6%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 292.9 mg
Sodium 2587.3 mg107.8%
Total Carbohydrates 282 g94.2%
Dietary Fiber 10 g40.1%
Sugars 105.8 g
Protein 36 g71.6%
Vitamin A 25% Vitamin C 34.7%
Calcium 119.6% Iron 72.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Grease 2 1/2-inch muffin pans.
2. Preheat oven at 400°.
3. Into a mixing bowl sift together flour, the 1/4 CUP sugar, baking powder and salt and make a well in center of the mixture
4. In a bowl combine milk, egg and oil and add all at once to dry ingredients.
5. Stir quickly, just till moistened.
6. In a bowl toss together blueberries and the 2 tablespoons sugar and gently stir into batter along with lemon peel.
7. Fill the greased muffin pans 2/3 full and bake for about 25 minutes.
8. Dip warm muffin tops in melted butter or margarine then in a little sugar and serve immediately.