- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Glaze Recipe
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cornstarch||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Blueberries||1 Pint, washed|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1198 Calories from Fat 13
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g2.5%
Saturated Fat 0.14 g0.69%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 8.5 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 306 g102.1%
Dietary Fiber 12 g47.9%
Sugars 248.4 g
Protein 4 g7.5%
Vitamin A 5.3% Vitamin C 100.6%
Calcium 3.4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, mix together cornstarch and sugar.
2) Slowly add in the water, while stirring.
3) Once the mixture is smooth without any lumps, add in 1/2 cup of blueberries.
4) Cook the mixture over low flame for 5 minutes, till it starts to thicken.
5) When the mixture becomes clear, add in lemon juice.
6) Take the saucepan off the flame and allow the mixture to cool down.
7) Take the cake or pie and top it with the remaining blueberries.
8) Spread the blueberry glaze on top to form a smooth layer.
9) Allow the cake or pie to chill, till the glaze sets.