- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
|9 inch deep dish pastry shell||1 , prebaked|
|Cottage cheese||10 Ounce|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Almond extract||3 Drop|
|Cornstarch||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Blueberries in syrup||16 Ounce|
Calories 721 Calories from Fat 271
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 31 g47.9%
Saturated Fat 11.5 g57.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.2 mg
Sodium 616.9 mg25.7%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.4%
Dietary Fiber 4.6 g18.4%
Sugars 58.5 g
Protein 18 g36.6%
Vitamin A 13% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 16.6% Iron 5.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. Let the baked pastry shell remain in the tin.
In a mixing bowl, add the cheese and beat with wire whisk or electric beater until smooth.
3. Add remaining filling ingredients to the cheese and beat until light and fluffy.
4. Spoon and spread filling into pastry shell.
5. Place on middle level of preheated oven and bake for 45 minutes, until firm around the edges and slightly wobbly in the center.
6. Remove tart from oven and allow to cool completely in the tin.
In the meantime, make the topping by blending cornstarch in a bit of the blueberry syrup.
7. In a small heavy saucepan, combine drain remaining blueberry syrup and stir in cornstarch mixture.
8. Cook over a low flame for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.
9. Take pan off the heat and let syrup cool
10. Add blueberries, lemon juice, salt and cinnamon and stir well.
When the tart has cooled, pour blueberry topping over it and spread evenly with a palette knife.
11. Refrigerate to set and chill before serving
12. Remove from tin on a serving plate.
13. Cut into wedges and serve cold.