- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
|Blueberries||1 Pound (450 Gram)|
|Caster sugar||8 Ounce (200 Gram)|
|Water||7 Fluid Ounce (200 Milliliter)|
|Digestive biscuits/Hobnobs||9 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Butter||3 Ounce, melted (85 Gram)|
|Double cream||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|Caster sugar||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Cream cheese||18 Ounce (Such As Philadelphia, 500 Gram)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 1060 Calories from Fat 624
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 69 g106.7%
Saturated Fat 27.9 g139.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 124 mg
Sodium 524.6 mg21.9%
Total Carbohydrates 101 g33.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 74.1 g
Protein 9 g18.2%
Vitamin A 29.4% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 9.4% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Into a pan containing sugar add 200g of the softer blueberries and 175ml water.
2. Let it heat slowly to allow the sugar to dissolve and let it simmer for 7-8 minutes.
3. To the remaining 25 ml water mix in the cornflour and stir into the mixture.
4. Let it simmer, stirring, for 2-3 minutes.
5. Using a fine sieve, into a bowl strain it pressing the berries in the sieve to gather as much juice as possible and allow it to cool.
6. On a 20cm springform cake tin lay with greaseproof paper.
7. In a food processor crush the biscuits to become coarse crumbs (or put in a plastic bag and smash with a rolling pin).
8. Thereafter set into the cake tin to make the base after combining with the melted butter firming with the back of a spoon.
Beat together the cream and sugar together such that the mixture is fairly stiff.
9. Take another bowl, beat the cream cheese to soften and fold in the cream along with the lemon zest and vanilla extract.
10. Thereafter slightly fold along half of the blueberry syrup to bring in a rippled effect.
11. Keep it in the fridge for 2-3 hrs after spooning the mix onto the biscuit base and such that firm.
12. Combine the rest of the fruit along with the remaining blueberry syrup.
13. Unmold the cheesecake by running a hot knife around the edge, thereafter releasing the side of the tin and letting the cheesecake slide onto a board.
14. Slice the cake into and serve topping each one with a generously with a spoonful of blueberry sauce.