- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberry Bread Recipe
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Stone ground)|
|Boiling water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Molasses||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , well beaten|
|Active dry yeast||1 Tablespoon|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour/Bread flour||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Approximately)|
|Blueberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2281 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.6%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 147.4 mg6.1%
Total Carbohydrates 451 g150.5%
Dietary Fiber 23.8 g95.3%
Sugars 77.7 g
Protein 59 g117.4%
Vitamin A 8.1% Vitamin C 47.9%
Calcium 29.6% Iron 157.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water. When the cornmeal mixture is lukewarm, stir in the dissolved yeast.
3. Beat in enough flour to make a stiff dough. Turn the mixture onto a floured board. Knead until the mixture is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
4. Put the dough in a clean buttered bowl and turn to butter the top.
5. Cover the bowl and let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 hour.
6. Punch the dough down and roll into a 10-inch square. Sprinkle the blueberries over the square and press in gently.
7. Roll up the dough like a jelly roll, tuck under the ends and put, seam side down, in a well greased 9- by 5- by 3-inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise until doubled in bulk, about 45 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
9. Bake the loaf for 45 to 50 minutes, or until it sounds hollow when tapped on the bottom. Cool on a rack. Do not slice until thoroughly cool.