1. First start making the crepe batter by mixing the pancake mix in a bowl with milk and water.
2. Whisk the batter with fork or egg beater until the mixture is thin but smooth, creamy and not lumpy * If it’s too thick, simply add more milk or water.
3. Next, slice the pear in half and then cut them up in thin slices.
4. Peel the bananas and chop them up.
5. Put the sliced pear, tangerine oranges and blueberries and bananas in a plate.
6. Heat a non stick pan in medium high heat.
7. When the pan’s heated, scoop up the batter with a ladle and pour it slowly on the skillet.
8. Gently press on the batter in circular motion and spread it thinly around the pan.
9. Wait until the surface is dry before you flip it over. It should be slightly golden brown.
10. Wait for about 30 more seconds then remove from pan. Continue making the rest of the crepes.
11. Put a crepe on a plate and add chopped bananas, blueberries and sliced pear.
12. Squeeze some whipped cream over and fold the crepe in half.
13. Arrange some tangerines on top and squeeze more whipped cream.
14. Finally dust some powdered sugar and cinnamon powder on top.
By using a non stick pan, you don’t have to use oil or butter to make the crepes. That way you can reduce fat intake including 100 calories per serving!
Also, instead of chocolate or syrup that are high in sugar and calories, use light whipped cream that may have a little bit of fat but it’s lower in calories and contains zero sugar!
Total Cost: $8-$10
Total Calories: Approximately 230 per serving
Blueberries are an excellent source of vitamin C and high in antioxidants. A serving contains about 14 mg or almost 25% of daily requirement for Vitamin C. Vitamin C is needed for the formation of collagen and to maintain healthy gums and capillaries. It also aids in the absorption of iron and promotes a healthy immune system. Blueberries are a good source of dietary fiber. A diet high in fiber contributes to heart health, helping to keep cholesterol in check.
Watch Season 3 episodes of Cathlyn’s Korean Food Challenge on tvK24 aired on Saturdays at 5:30pm and Sundays at 11am PST.
For more information on Cathlyn’s cooking show, visit www.cathlynskoreankitchen.tv