- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blueberries With Yogurt Honey And Caramelized Almonds Recipe
|Caster sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Icing sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Greek yogurt||6 Tablespoon|
Calories 361 Calories from Fat 107
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g19.6%
Saturated Fat 0.97 g4.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 14.8 mg0.6%
Total Carbohydrates 56 g18.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.1%
Sugars 46 g
Protein 10 g20.2%
Vitamin A 1.2% Vitamin C 20.1%
Calcium 12.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small non stick frying pan, melt sugar on a low flame, without stirring
2. Add the almonds to the melted sugar and allow sugar to caramelize, about 4-5 minutes When sugar turns golden brown, turn onto a sheet of silicone paper or on a greased baking sheet and allow cooling.
3. Reserve 25g of the blueberries and place remaining in a food processor or liquidizer jar.
4. Add lemon juice, 1 tbsp water and the icing to the blueberries.
5. Blend into a smooth puree.
6. In a mixing bowl, combine half the yogurt and sauce.
7. Divide the reserved blueberries between two parfait or sundae glasses.
8. Pour the blueberry yogurt over them.
9. Top with the remaining yogurt.
10. Drizzle Honey and top with chopped caramelized almonds.