- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blue Ribbon Zucchini Bread Recipe
|Eggs||3 , beaten|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Maple flavor||1 Tablespoon|
|Zucchini||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Baking soda||2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Wheat germ||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs), chopped|
|Sesame seeds||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4271 Calories from Fat 1549
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 177 g272.8%
Saturated Fat 25.5 g127.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 634.4 mg
Sodium 5187.9 mg216.2%
Total Carbohydrates 612 g204.1%
Dietary Fiber 24.7 g98.7%
Sugars 326.5 g
Protein 78 g156.7%
Vitamin A 24.7% Vitamin C 71%
Calcium 89.7% Iron 161.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°. Spray two 9x5x3-inch loaf pans with cooking spray and dust it with flour.
2) In a bowl, whip together eggs, sugar, oil and maple favoring until the mixture turns light and fluffy.
3) Mix in the zucchini, baking soda, baking powder, salt, wheat germ and flour. Combine well.
4) Fold in the nuts gently.
5) Pour the batter equally into both the loaf pans.
6) Sprinkle sesame seeds on top of the batter.
7) Bake for about 1 hour. If a toothpick inserted into the centre of the bread comes out clean, it is done.
8) Let the bread cool down for about 10 minutes before unmoulding and slicing.
9) Serve the Blue Ribbon Zucchini Bread slices with a dollop of warm butter.