- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Betty's Blue Ribbon Brownies--50-Year-Old Recipe Video
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Self rising flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (2 squares of 1 ounce)|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , beaten|
|Self raising flour||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 298
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 35 g53.5%
Saturated Fat 14.1 g70.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 75.6 mg
Sodium 377.7 mg15.7%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g19.9%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.1%
Sugars 34.5 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 10.4% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pre-heat the oven at 350F
2. In a saucepan, melt the unsweetened chocolate along with butter on low heat.
3. In a large mixing bowl, pour the melted unsweetened chocolate, add sugar, egg and stir well.
4. Add vanilla extract and self-rising flour, combine well.
5. Add pecans and pour the mixture into a baking dish.
6. Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.
7. Cut into square pieces and serve.