- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blue Cheese, Walnut and Pear Salad Recipe Video
|Crispy green salad||150 Gram|
|Stilton cheese||120 Gram|
|Walnut halves||50 Gram|
|Balsamic dressing||4 Tablespoon|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
|Sea salt||2 Teaspoon (use as per taste)|
|Balsamic syrup||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
Calories 340 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g31.2%
Saturated Fat 4 g19.8%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 12 mg
Sodium 1937.6 mg80.7%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.9 g31.8%
Sugars 21.1 g
Protein 8 g16.1%
Vitamin A 25.1% Vitamin C 43.8%
Calcium 8.6% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wash and dry the salad leaves.
2. Place in a large clean bowl and mix together. If you can find any chard or baby beet leaves, the reddish leaves will help to show off the salad.
3. Make the balsamic dressing and store it in the fridge until required.
4. Remove any loose skin from the walnut halves.
5. Break the Stilton into bite-size pieces using your fingers.
6. Cut the top and bottom off the pears.
7. Cut them in half lengthways.
8. Lay them flat on your board and cut into long, thin slices and place them in a shallow dish.
9. Drizzle over the lemon juice.
10. Mix the dressing into the salad leaves.
11. Add the walnuts, Stilton and slices of pear and mix gently together.
12. Season to taste.
13. Squeeze a line or two of balsamic syrup onto the plate.
14. Arrange the blue cheese salad neatly on the plates.
15. Drizzle over any remaining dressing and serve the blue cheese salad.