- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blue Cheese Sauced Beans Recipe
|Frozen french style green beans||9 Ounce (1 Package)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Blue cheese||2 Tablespoon, crumbled|
|Fine cornflake crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
Calories 249 Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g41.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.5 mg
Sodium 365.8 mg15.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g8.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.3%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 13.7% Vitamin C 5.8%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 27.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the beans as per the instructions on the packet and drain the beans well .
2) In a saucepan, stir in the flour, pepper and salt in the 2 tbsp melted butter or margarine.
3) Pour the milk into the saucepan, stir well and cook until thick and bubbly.
4) Blend in the blue cheese and spoon the sauce over the cooked beans.
5) Gently toss the cornflake crumbs with 1 tbsp melted butter and sprinkle evenly over the beans.
6) Serve immediately in a nice plate.