- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blue Cheese Pasta Recipe Video
|Dry basil||1 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh thyme leaves||1 Teaspoon|
|Beef bouillon cubes||7 Gram, crumbled (1 cube)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), mince|
|Grated ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Bleu cheese||2 Ounce|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste|
Calories 1173 Calories from Fat 262
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 29 g44.8%
Saturated Fat 14.8 g74.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 80.6 mg
Sodium 1383.4 mg57.6%
Total Carbohydrates 182 g60.8%
Dietary Fiber 9.7 g38.8%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 39 g78.1%
Vitamin A 20.9% Vitamin C 11.9%
Calcium 35.5% Iron 33.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Follow the direction mentioned on the package, and cook pasta in a gallon of salted water for about 12 minutes. Drain and set aside.
2. Place a frying pan on medium high heat, melt butter, add half of the chopped garlic, and ginger in it. Stir and cook for about a minute or until flavour starts coming.
3. Throw basil and bouillon cube in it. Mix well.
4. Add flour and stir well to incorporate. Cook for 30 seconds.
5. Reduce the heat, and pour milk in it.
6. Drop remaining garlic, thyme, salt, and pepper. Mix and cook until thick.
7. Add cheese, stir and let it melt.
8. At this point if you find the sauce too thick then add little pasta water to thin it down.
9. Drop cooked pasta, mix, and remove pan from heat.
10. Transfer pasta on serving platter, sprinkle blue cheese and thyme leaves on top. Serve hot and enjoy.
If you have cooked meat or fish in your refrigerator, then add it to your sauce, cook and then drop pasta in it.