- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blue Cheese Celery Casserole Recipe
|Coarsely chopped celery||4 Cup (64 tbs) (You'Ll Need About 1 Bunch)|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Seasoned mashed potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Hot)|
|Crumbled blue cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soft white bread crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs), mixed with 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine|
Calories 279 Calories from Fat 26
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.6%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 6 mg
Sodium 729.4 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g19.1%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.5%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 9 g17.3%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 43.1%
Calcium 11% Iron 3.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400° F 15 minutes before baking.
2. In a heavy bottomed saucepan, combine celery with broth.
3. Cover the pan and place on a medium low flame.
4. Simmer celery for 1 hour until tender-crisp.
5. Transfer the contents of the pan to a food processor jar and blend into a smooth puree.
6. Turn into a bowl and add mashed potatoes, cheese and seasonings.
7. Use a wooden spoon to beat into a smooth consistency mash.
8. Turn into a 1-quart casserole and top with topping of crumbs and butter.
9. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 to 45 minutes until topping is golden brown.
10. Serve the mash hot straight from the casserole dish.