- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Reduced Calorie)|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), firmly packed|
|Vanilla extract||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Semisweet chocolate chips||2 Ounce|
|Pecans||1 1⁄2 Ounce, shelled|
Calories 304 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g23.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g13.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 35.2 mg
Sodium 185.7 mg7.7%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.8%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g5%
Sugars 18.9 g
Protein 4 g8.4%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 0.14%
Calcium 7.4% Iron 7.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
2) In a small mixing bowl or on a wax paper sheet, sift the flour, baking powder and salt together, keep aside.
3) In a large mixing bowl, cream the margarine with an electric mixer.
4) Beat in the sugar at high speed until light and fluffy, then beat in the egg and vanilla.
5) Gradually baet in the sifted ingredients at a low speed, beating until blended, then fold in chocolate chips and pecans.
6) In a 6 x 6 x 2-inch baking dish sprayed with non-stick cooking spray, evenly spread the batter and bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until lightly browned.
7) Remove on a wire rack and allow to cool down.
8) Slice into six 3 x 2-inch bars, serve immediately or store in an airtight container until ready to serve.