- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Sifted cake flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Melted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Cheese filling||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sour cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Cherry preserves||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 394 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g29%
Saturated Fat 10 g49.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 199.2 mg
Sodium 745.3 mg31.1%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12%
Dietary Fiber 0.4 g1.6%
Sugars 13.2 g
Protein 19 g38.5%
Vitamin A 10.3% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat a 7 inch skillet to moderate temperature.
2) Take a mixing bowl and Beat the eggs, buttermilk and butter together.
3) Then gradually sift in the flour, salt, sugar, and soda.
4) Blend the mixture until smooth.
5) Now, oil the hot skillet and put about 3 tablespoons of the batter in it , tilting the pan to spread the batter make the blintz thin.
6) Cook each pancake until it just begins to brown on one side, and slide out of pan on to a plate.
7) Place the cooked side up to receive the filling. Now, put 1 1/2 tablespoons of cheese filling in the center and fold over from the four sides to protect the filling from leaking out.
8) Place pancake in the greased skillet and fry until the shell is golden brown.
9) Serve hot with sauce.