- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Dry yeast/Compressed yeast||1 Tablespoon (1 Package)|
|Lukewarm water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (Lukewarm)|
|Buckwheat pancake mix||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Melted butter||3 Tablespoon|
|Cottage cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Salmon caviar||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 168 Calories from Fat 56
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9.6%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.5 mg
Sodium 389.1 mg16.2%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g7%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7%
Sugars 3.9 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 3.8% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 15.2% Iron 10.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat a 6 inch skillet to moderate temperature.
2) Take a clean mixing bowl and add water and yeast. Allow the yeast to dissolve.
3) Next, blend in 3/4 cups of pancake mix and milk. Mix well until smooth.
4) Take a clean towel and cover the bowl. Place the bowl in a warm place for 2 hours, to enable the batter to rise.
5) In the meantime, in a clean bowl, mix buttermilk and soda. Whisk egg yolks well.
6) Stir in melted butter, remaining pancake mixture and buttermilk and blend well.
7) Now, add this mixture to the raised mixture and blend well. Also, add salt to egg whites and beat to form stiff peaks.
8) Add the beaten egg whites to the batter.
9) Grease the skillet with some butter and pour about 2 tablespoons of batter on the hot skillet. Cook until brown and bubbly and then turn over to cook the other side.
10) Serve warm, garnished with cottage cheese and salmon caviar.