- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blue Cheese and Lyonnaise Potato topped Sirloin Recipe Video
|Idaho potato||1 Large, sliced thin|
|Sweet onion||1 Large, sliced thin|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sirloin steak||3 Medium|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Blue cheese crumbles||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 2797 Calories from Fat 1521
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g260%
Saturated Fat 66.9 g334.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 579.8 mg
Sodium 1112.7 mg46.4%
Total Carbohydrates 51 g17.1%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g21.8%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 254 g507.4%
Vitamin A 4.8% Vitamin C 42.6%
Calcium 43.4% Iron 101.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a hot skillet, add 1 tablespoon of olive oil and the sliced potatoes and onions and brown.
3. Once caramelized, deglaze by adding the red wine vinegar into the skillet and placing into the oven for 10-15 minutes.
4. In the meanwhile, season the sirloin medallions with salt and pepper on both sides.
5. Heat a skillet and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Add the seasoned sirloin into the pan and brown for 2-3 minutes on each side.
6. Add the crumbled blue cheese over the browned sirloin and pop the skillet into the oven for 8-10 minutes.
7. Remove both the skillets from the oven and season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
8. Plate the sirloin and blue cheese along with the caramelized onions and potatoes and serve as main course.