- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Couscous with Figs Feta and Almonds Recipe Video
|Couscous grains/Quinoa||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Dried figs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cut into half or quarters|
|Pomegranate molasses||1 Tablespoon|
|Raw honey||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||2 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Green onions||3 Medium, chopped finely|
|Feta cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), crumbled|
|Almonds||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs), toasted, sliced|
Calories 341 Calories from Fat 50
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 6 g9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 5.6 mg
Sodium 278.7 mg11.6%
Total Carbohydrates 62 g20.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.7%
Sugars 9.6 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 6.1%
Calcium 7.9% Iron 7.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large pot, bring chicken broth to a boil.
2. Add the couscous, stir and cover with a lid. Turn off the heat.
3. In a pan, put the figs, pomegranate molasses, honey, olive oil and water (do not add water if figs are fresh).
4. Turn on the heat to medium and sauté till figs become tender and sauce reduces.
5. Season with thyme, stir and turn off the heat.
6. In a large serving pot, put the couscous, green onions and feta cheese. Mix well. Pour the fig sauce over it and continue to mix till well combined.
7. Garnish with the sliced toasted almonds and serve hot with choice of main dish.