- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blanched Almonds Recipe
|Shelled almonds||250 Milliliter (2 Cups)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1438 Calories from Fat 1034
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 124 g190.1%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2.5 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g18.1%
Dietary Fiber 30.5 g122%
Sugars 9.7 g
Protein 53 g106.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C
Calcium 66% Iron 51.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Fill a medium size saucepan with about two inches (5 cm) of water
2. Place on a moderate heat and heat to boiling point.
3. When the water begins to bubble, add the almonds all at once.
4. Take pan off the heat and let the almonds soak in the boiling water for about 2 -3 minutes.
5. Drain in a strainer and refresh immediately under cold tap water to arrest the heat.
6. Let drain thoroughly.
7. To peel off the almond skins, press and squeeze each almond between thumb and forefinger to remove the skin.
8. Use the blanched almonds as required in cooking.
9. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until required