- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blakeney Fritters Recipe
|Plain flour||3 Ounce (75 Gram)|
|Margarine||1 1⁄2 Ounce (40 Gram)|
|Sugar||1 Ounce (25 Gram)|
|Egg yolks||1 Large|
Calories 203 Calories from Fat 87
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 10 g15.1%
Saturated Fat 2 g9.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 46.3 mg
Sodium 6 mg0.2%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9%
Dietary Fiber 0.55 g2.2%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 2 g3.8%
Vitamin A 8.7% Vitamin C 0.57%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 1.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Line a baking sheet with grease proof paper.
2. Preheat the oven to 350° F, 180° C.
3. Into a large bowl, sift the flour.
4. Add butter, cut into small cubes to the bowl and rub in with your finger tips until all of the fat has blended with the flour and the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
5. Mix in the sugar and egg yolk.
6. Using a plastic spatula, bind the mixture to resemble a cookie dough.
7. Form the dough into 1 inch balls and place them 1 inch apart from each other on the baking sheet.
8. Using the back of a wooden spoon or your little finger, make an indent in the center or each cookie.
9. Place the baking sheet on the middle level of the preheated oven and bake the cookies for 25 to 30 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.
10. Remove the cookies from the oven and transfer them to a wire rack to cool and harden
11. Using a piping bag, pipe the jam in the hole in each biscuit.
12. Serve the cookies with tea.
13. Store the cookies in an air tight cookie jar or a plastic food container lined with grease proof paper.