- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blackened Sesame Tuna over Asian Greens Recipe Video
|For sesame tuna|
|Ahi tuna fillets||1 Pound (2)|
|Roasted sesame seeds||2 Tablespoon|
|Sea salt||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon, coarsely ground|
|Ground coriander||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salad greens||4 Cup (64 tbs) (mixed)|
|Green onions||2 , chopped finely|
|Celery stalk||1 , dice|
|Avocado||1 , dice|
|Mandarin orange||240 Gram, drained (1 small tin)|
|Cashew||1 Cup (16 tbs), roasted|
|For asian dressing|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Low sodium soy sauce||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Rice wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Minced garlic||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh grated ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Sesame oil||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Calories 1344 Calories from Fat 779
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.7%
Saturated Fat 13.8 g68.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102.1 mg
Sodium 1165.7 mg48.6%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 18.2 g72.7%
Sugars 28.7 g
Protein 74 g147.1%
Vitamin A 62.9% Vitamin C 130.5%
Calcium 34.9% Iron 68.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For blackened sesame tuna, in a shallow dish, combine sesame seed, salt, pepper, coriander, and garlic.
2. Roll tuna fillets into the mixture . Coat evenly on both sides.
3. Place a non-stick pan on medium high heat, and pour oil in it. Drop tuna and sear for about 2-5 minutes each side, depending on the doneness you like.
4. In the meantime, for Asian dressing, in a mason jar add vegetable oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, ginger, and sesame oil. Cover the jar with lid, and shake well.
5. Drizzle dressing on each side of tuna fillet. Remove from pan, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
6. For salad, in a large mixing bowl, put salad greens, green onion, celery, avocado, mandarin oranges, and cashew.
7. Sprinkle dressing and toss it well.
8. On serving platter lay salad, place tuna , sprinkle dressing on top and serve immediately.
You can place remaining dressing in refrigerator for later use, and it remains fresh for about 3 weeks.