- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blackened Sea Scallops Recipe Video
|Cajun spice||2 Tablespoon (Cajun's Choice blackened seasoning)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cilantro paste||1 Tablespoon (Gourmet Garden)|
Calories 554 Calories from Fat 231
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 91 mg
Sodium 1728.5 mg72%
Total Carbohydrates 12 g4%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.8%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 40 g79.7%
Vitamin A 11.9% Vitamin C 11.3%
Calcium 6.7% Iron 5.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove the side hard muscle pieces of scallops.
2. Place scallops on a tray, and sprinkle seasoning on both sides.
3. Place a stainless steel pan over medium high heat for one minute, so that the scallops do not stick to the pan. Pour oil in it. Rotate and spread it around.
4. Put scallops in pan, and allow them to sit for 1-2 minutes or until they caramelize. Turn and repeat. Remove scallops from heat, and set it aside.
5. Remove pan from heat and add white wine to it. Return it to heat, and whisk until the wine reduces to half.
6. Stir in butter and gourmet garden cilantro paste to pan. Whisk.
7. On a serving tray place scallops, and top it up with wine sauce.
8. Accompany scallops with a glass of white wine.