- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blackened Salmon Sandwich Recipe Video
|Salmon fillets||1⁄2 Pound, rinsed and patted dry|
|French style baguette||1 Medium|
|Black peppercorns||1 Teaspoon|
|White pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Kosher salt||1 Teaspoon|
|Fresh rosemary||1 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||1 Teaspoon, granulated|
|Garlic clove||1 Medium|
|Olive oil||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frying)|
|Red onion||1 Medium|
|Lettuce leaves||5 Medium|
|Remoulade sauce||4 Tablespoon|
Calories 1506 Calories from Fat 1043
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.3%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 59 mg19.7%
Sodium 2088.1 mg87%
Total Carbohydrates 80 g26.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g14.6%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 35 g69.4%
Vitamin A 74.3% Vitamin C 35.3%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mortar and pestle separately crush the spices - black peppercorns, white pepper, cayenne pepper, kosher salt, fresh rosemary and granulated garlic and mix well.
2. Rub half of garlic over the salmon, drizzle over seasoning mix on both sides and apply a little olive oil.
3. Cut out a loaf from the long baguette to the size of the salmon, then halve it into sandwich buns, rub with garlic, drizzle over olive oil and rub garlic again.
4. Chop tomato and onion into thin slices.
5. In a pan or skillet, heat olive oil and cook the salmon on medium high heat.
6. Turn after 4 minutes, cook on the other side for 3 minutes remove and allow the fish to rest.
7. Apply remoulade sauce on the bread, lay tomato slices on one bread and onion slices on the other.
8. Then place lettuce on one bread and the salmon on the other, close the breads together and serve on a plate.