- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Blackened Flat Iron Steak with Wine Glaze Recipe Video
|Flat iron steak||2 Pound|
|White bean||1 Can (10 oz), drained|
|Balsamic vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), mince|
|Tomato||2 Medium, chop|
|Pepper||1 Tablespoon (for dressing and steak)|
|Kosher salt||1 Tablespoon|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 1338 Calories from Fat 352
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g63.5%
Saturated Fat 8.7 g43.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 240 mg
Sodium 4918.3 mg204.9%
Total Carbohydrates 102 g34%
Dietary Fiber 25 g99.9%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 112 g223.5%
Vitamin A 50.2% Vitamin C 65.9%
Calcium 41.5% Iron 116%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, combine together cannellini bean, balsamic vinegar, parsley, rosemary, garlic, and tomato.
2. Sprinkle salt and pepper. Toss them well, and place it in the refrigerator for half an hour. You may also prepare it a day ahead.
3. On the working board, place the steak. Sprinkle kosher salt and pepper on both sides.
4. Place a stainless pan over heat, just 2 minutes before adding oil. Pour olive oil in it. Spread it all around.
5. Add steak to the pan, and cook for about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until done to preferred degree of doneness.
6. Remove the pan from heat deglaze it by adding wine to it.
7. Move the steak around the pan to loosen up the brown pieces at the bottom.
8. Place it on the cutting board and allow it to rest for 10 minutes.
9. On each serving plate spoon the bean salad. Place steak on top of it.
10. Serve steak hot with parsley garnish.