- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Walnut Caramels Recipe
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dark corn syrup||7⁄8 Cup (14 tbs)|
|Cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3559 Calories from Fat 1139
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 129 g198.4%
Saturated Fat 67.7 g338.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.3 mg
Sodium 878.6 mg36.6%
Total Carbohydrates 605 g201.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.6%
Sugars 358.3 g
Protein 21 g42.3%
Vitamin A 64.8% Vitamin C 1.4%
Calcium 60.2% Iron 14.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, mix together sugar, corn syrup, 1/2 cup cream and butter and allow to boil.
2) Gradually stir in the remaining cream. The candy should remain at a boil.
3) Cook till it forms a firm ball, then remove from the heat.
4) Add in the vanilla and black walnuts.
5) Transfer into a greased shallow pan. Cool.
6) Cut into cubes and wrap individually in waxed paper.
7) Serve as a healthy snack.