- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black-Eyed Susans Recipe
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sifted flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Quick cooking oats||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Coconut||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cooked prunes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Granulated sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2548 Calories from Fat 1145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 131 g201.1%
Saturated Fat 45.5 g227.5%
Trans Fat 13.5 g
Cholesterol 211.5 mg
Sodium 1063.3 mg44.3%
Total Carbohydrates 336 g112%
Dietary Fiber 13.3 g53.3%
Sugars 204.7 g
Protein 22 g45%
Vitamin A 4.9% Vitamin C 3.3%
Calcium 6.8% Iron 42.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven at 400° F.
2) Grease a baking sheet.
3) In a bowl, add the shortening and beat till light.
4) Add in the sugar and mix till light and fluffy.
5) Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well.
6) Combine and sift the flour and salt.
7) Add in the oats and stir into the creamed mix.
8) Blend well and refrigerate.
9) Form small balls out of the dough and coat each with coconut.
10) Arrange on the baking sheet.
11) Using the handle of a knife, form a dent in the top of each ball.
12) Place in the oven at 300° F and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
13) Cool on a wire rack.
14) Mix together the prunes and sugar.
15) Gently cook, stirring constantly, till the mix thickens.
17) Place a spoonful of prune mix in the hollow of each cookie.
18) Serve as a snack.