- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cuban Black Beans Recipe Video
|Dry black beans||1 Pound, rinsed and picked over|
|Bell pepper||1 , removed|
|Olive oil||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , diced|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), diced|
|Cider vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
Calories 754 Calories from Fat 338
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g59.1%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 258 mg10.8%
Total Carbohydrates 81 g26.9%
Dietary Fiber 19.7 g78.7%
Sugars 5.9 g
Protein 26 g52.7%
Vitamin A 6.8% Vitamin C 109.1%
Calcium 19.2% Iron 45.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Place the beans and the water it was soaking in into a saucepan and add water if needed. The water should again be 2 inches above the beans.
3. Add the bell pepper and the bay leaf and bring to a boil over high heat.
4. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook uncovered for 2 hours. Add more water if needed to just barely cover the beans.
5. Heat a skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil, onion, garlic cloves, and bell pepper. Sauté until the onions are translucent.
6. Add the diced serrano chile, cumin, and vinegar. Mix well.
7. Add the sofrito to the beans and mix well. Cook for an additional 30 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com