- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Green-N-Bean Burrito Recipe Video
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Red bell pepper||1 , chopped|
|Garlic cloves||3 , chopped|
|Jalapeno||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Cumin powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Red swiss chard||1 Bunch (100 gm), stems removed and cut into bite size pieces|
|Black beans||2 Can (20 oz), rinsed and drained|
|Light sour cream||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Mozzarella cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cabbage||1⁄4 , thinly sliced|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Whole wheat tortillas||4|
Calories 767 Calories from Fat 160
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.5%
Saturated Fat 5.5 g27.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.5 mg
Sodium 527.5 mg22%
Total Carbohydrates 115 g38.5%
Dietary Fiber 25.8 g103.3%
Sugars 8.9 g
Protein 39 g77.5%
Vitamin A 66.1% Vitamin C 109.6%
Calcium 37.4% Iron 51.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pan, heat extra virgin oil.
2. Add onions, jalapeno, garlic and red bell pepper. Stir and let it cook for 3-5 minutes till onions are translucent and vegetables are nice and tender.
3. Add cumin powder, cayenne pepper and Swiss chard. Stir it.
4. Add black beans. Stir well and let it cook.
5. Heat a skillet to prepare the tortillas.
6. Place the tortilla on the skillet and let it heat for a minute on each side.
7. The beans would have heated by now. Add a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper.
8. Add sour cream and cilantro. Stir well.
9. Place one tortilla on a plate.
10. Add shredded cabbage, a spoonful of beans and mozzarella cheese. Wrap it up.
11. To serve Green-N-Bean Burrito, top it with big spoon of Glucamole, cut tomatoes and a couple of slices of lime.