- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Cooking Black Rice For Salad And Side Dishes Recipe Video
|Black rice||1 Cup (16 tbs) (soaked in water)|
|Butter/Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
|Avacado||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), cubed|
Calories 533 Calories from Fat 152
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g27.1%
Saturated Fat 5.3 g26.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 17.9 mg
Sodium 96.9 mg4%
Total Carbohydrates 88 g29.2%
Dietary Fiber 8 g32.2%
Sugars 1.3 g
Protein 9 g17.6%
Vitamin A 5.5% Vitamin C 10.2%
Calcium 1.1% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Soak the black rice in water for 3-4 hours, then drain water and set aside.
2. In a pan, heat butter and add rice into it. Stir well to coat the butter on rice.
3. Pour in the chicken stock and keep stirring until well cooked.
4. Remove it from heat and transfer to a plate. Top with cubed avocado.
5. Serve the Black Rice with salad.