- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Pepper Crusted Steak with Chimichurri Sauce Recipe Video
|For chimichurri sauce|
|Cilantro/Flat leaf parsley||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Fresh oregano||1 Tablespoon (or 1 teaspoon dry)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Olive oil||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Red pepper flakes||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon (Optional)|
|Fresh lime juice||1 Teaspoon (Optional)|
|1 1/2-inch thick steaks||2 Pound (4 rib steak or tenderloin)|
|Black peppercorn||4 Tablespoon, crushed|
|Kosher salt/Coarse salt||To Taste|
Calories 723 Calories from Fat 453
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 51 g78%
Saturated Fat 14.6 g73.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.6 mg35.5%
Sodium 219.1 mg9.1%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 0.38 g1.5%
Sugars 0.1 g
Protein 46 g92.9%
Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 6%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 20.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. For chimichurri sauce, in food processor, add cilantro, oregano, and garlic. Pulse to chop. Do not mush.
3. In a small bowl, transfer the cilantro mixture.
4. Pour olive oil, and mix to combine.
5. Drop salt, red pepper flakes, lime juice, and vinegar. Mix well. Set aside.
6. For steak, in a flat dish, combine salt and crushed peppercorn.
7. Put steak in dish, and press it firmly into the salt and peppercorn mixture. Coat on both sides.
8. Place a cast iron pan on heat, pour oil and wait until smoking hot.
9. Place steak, and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip, and cook for another 4 minutes.
10.Pop it in oven, and cook for 2-7 minutes or until done as desired.
11.Remove pan from oven, tent it with foil, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
12. Serve hot steak with chimichurri sauce.
Do not crush the peppercorn too fine.
Steak piece should have an internal temperature of 120-125 degree for rare, 130-135 degree for medium rare, and 140-145 degree for medium.