- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Pepper Crusted Steak Recipe Video
|1 1/2-inch thick steak||2 Pound (4, rib steaks, or tenderloin)|
|Black peppercorn||4 Tablespoon, crush|
|Kosher salt/Coarse salt||To Taste|
Calories 556 Calories from Fat 293
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 33 g50.1%
Saturated Fat 12.1 g60.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 106.6 mg35.5%
Sodium 212.6 mg8.9%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.5%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 46 g92.1%
Vitamin A Vitamin C
Calcium 5.4% Iron 18.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
2. In a flat dish, combine salt and crushed peppercorn.
3. Put steak in dish, and coat it with salt mixture on both sides.
4. Place a cast iron pan on heat, pour oil and wait until smoking hot.
5. Drop steak in pan, and cook for about 4 minutes. Flip, and cook for another 4 minutes.
6. Pop it in oven, and cook for 2-7 minutes or until your desired doneness.
7. Remove pan from oven, tent it with foil, and allow it to rest for 5 minutes.
8. Serve hot steak with chimichurri sauce.
Do not crush the peppercorn too fine.
Bring steak to room temperature.
Steak piece should have an internal temperature of 120-125 degree for rare, 130-135 degree for medium rare, and 140-145 degree for medium.