- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Lacquered Chicken Recipe Video
|Catsup||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Tamari||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Garlic||3 Medium, mince|
|Black pepper||1 Tablespoon, coarsely ground|
|Black strap molasses||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chicken breast||2 Large|
Calories 479 Calories from Fat 20
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 2 g3.5%
Saturated Fat 0.59 g2.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 84.1 mg
Sodium 2251.4 mg93.8%
Total Carbohydrates 79 g26.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 54.2 g
Protein 39 g77%
Vitamin A 6.7% Vitamin C 15.8%
Calcium 24.3% Iron 45.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a bowl, mix the ketchup, soy sauce, garlic cloves, black pepper and molasses.
2. Place the chicken breasts on the grill and brush evenly with the molasses sauce.
3. Flip to other side and sear with the sauce on the other side too.
4. The sugar from the molasses will caramalize and make the chicken extra juicy.
5. Continue flipping and basting the chicken to keep it moist.
6. Cook for about 5 minutes each side while basting.
7. Plate and serve as main dish.