- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black, Golden And Red Raspberry Tart Recipe
|For venetian cornmeal crust|
|All purpose flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fine)|
|Baking powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (1/2 Stick)|
|Granulated sugar||6 Tablespoon|
|Grated lemon zest||1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Dark rum/Water||2 Tablespoon|
|Cream cheese||4 Ounce (At Room Temperature)|
|Whipping cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||6 1⁄3 Tablespoon (1/3 Cup Plus 1 Tablespoon)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Mascarpone cheese||4 Ounce|
|Assorted raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed and well dried (Use A Combination Of Black, Golden And Red)|
|Raspberries||2 Cup (32 tbs), washed and well dried (Assorted, Combination Of Black, Golden And Red))|
Calories 851 Calories from Fat 374
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g65%
Saturated Fat 23.4 g117.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 164.4 mg
Sodium 294.2 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 105 g35.1%
Dietary Fiber 14.9 g59.5%
Sugars 56 g
Protein 11 g21%
Vitamin A 23.6% Vitamin C 89.4%
Calcium 17.6% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350 degrees F.
2) To prepare the crust, in a medium bowl mix flour, cornmeal, salt and baking powder.
3) Using food processor mix butter and granulated sugar and process until fluffy.
4) Stir in vanilla, lemon zest, egg yolk and rum or water and make dough. Pulse the mixture till well blended.
5) Pour the contents into a bowl containing dry ingredients.
6) Mix thoroughly. Keep the dough thick and sticky.
7) Make a rough ball and wrap with a waxed paper.
8) Keep in refrigerator for 30 to 60 minutes.
9) Lightly dust a flat surface with flour and knead dough 4 or 5 times,
10) Sprinkle some flour on the dough and rolling pin and roll out the dough round into 10 inches in diameter and about 1/4 inch thick. If the dough is too sticky to handle, place 2 sheets of waxed paper and roll out the dough between them.
11) Drape it round over rolling pin and put in a 9-inch tart pan with a removable bottom.
12) Gently press the dough into a pan. IN case of tears, press the edges to seal again.
13) With the rim trim the extension.
14) Arrange aluminum foil over it and put 2 cups of pie weights or uncooked rice or beans on it.
15) Bake for 20 minutes.
16) Take out the pie weights and foil. Bake for further 12 minutes till crust browns.
17) Take out from oven and let stand for 5 minutes.
18) Take out the outside ring of the pan.
19) Gently using a long metal spatula remove the tart shell from the metal bottom and transfer to a cooling rack.
20) Let stand for 30 minutes.
21) On a serving plate arrange the cooled tart shell and wrap with a plastic wrap till ready to fill.
22) Prepare the filling in a large bowl. Add cream cheese, whipping cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla.
23) Using an electric mixer beat the mixture until fluffy.
24) With a flexible spatula fold in mascarpone.
25) With a flexible spatula spread filling in the cooled tart crust.
26) Place black, golden and red raspberries in concentric circles.
27) Cover it and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or overnight.
28) Put it in portable container and seal with a lid. Place in a cooler.
29) Serve into individual platter.