- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Forest Torte Recipe
|Devil's food cake mix||15 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Whipping cream||1 Pint|
|Icing sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned pitted sweet cherries||14 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Unsweetened chocolate||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 252
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 16.7 g83.5%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 85.7 mg
Sodium 488.6 mg20.4%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.6%
Sugars 47.7 g
Protein 4 g8.1%
Vitamin A 2.4% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 11%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) As per package directions prepare cake mix.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
3) Into 2 greased and floured 8" round layer pans, pour batter and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes in preheated oven.
4) Allow to cool thoroughly.
5) Half one layer, keeping the other layer as such.
6) Beat cream and then mix in icing sugar and Kirsch.
7) Top whole layer with 1/4 of whipped cream and with half the cherries.
8) Cover with one split layer on top and continue the same process.
9) Place the third layer on top and ice the cake fully with remaining whipped cream.
10) Decorate top and sides with grated chocolate and serve chilled.