- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Forest Tart Recipe
|Pie crust||1 , refrigerated, softened (From 15-Oz Box)|
|Refrigerated pie crust||1 , softened (From 15-Oz Box)|
|Semisweet baking chocolate||7 Ounce, cut into pieces (1 Oz, Grated)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||6 Ounce|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), powdered|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce, softened (1 Package)|
|Cherry pie filling||21 Ounce (With More Fruit, 1 Can)|
|Canned cherry pie filling||21 Ounce (1 Can, With More Fruit)|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs), whipped|
|Semisweet baking chocolate||1 Ounce, grated|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 4733 Calories from Fat 2698
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 296 g455.2%
Saturated Fat 162.7 g813.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 645.4 mg
Sodium 1858.3 mg77.4%
Total Carbohydrates 483 g161.1%
Dietary Fiber 34.4 g137.6%
Sugars 168.5 g
Protein 37 g73.6%
Vitamin A 96.8% Vitamin C 35.7%
Calcium 45.2% Iron 53.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven hot to 450°F.
2) In an 9-inch glass pie plate or 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom put the pie crust.
3) Bake for about 9 to 11 minutes until lightly browned.
4) Let stand till cool.
5) In a small saucepan, add 6 oz chocolate and butter. Melt over low heat stirring constantly.
6) Remove from heat.
7) In a small bowl, add powdered sugar and cream cheese. Beat together.
8) Mix melted chocolate mixture to it and beat until smooth.
9) Stir in 1 cup of the cherry pie filling and mix gently. Keep the remaining pie filling aside.
10) Spread the remaining cherry pie filling evenly in a band around outer edge of tart.
11) Refrigerate until serving time.
12) Serve cold.