- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Forest Cheesecake Using Cherry Flavored Liqueur Recipe
|Chocolate wafer crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Cream cheese||24 Ounce, softened (3 Packages, 8 Ounce Each)|
|Sugar||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Kirsch/Other cherry-flavored liqueur||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Semi-sweet chocolate square||4 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Commercial sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Whipped cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Maraschino cherries with stems||6|
Calories 628 Calories from Fat 378
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 24.1 g120.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 207.3 mg
Sodium 351.3 mg14.6%
Total Carbohydrates 54 g17.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.1 g4.6%
Sugars 47.8 g
Protein 9 g17.4%
Vitamin A 25.9% Vitamin C 0.19%
Calcium 11.1% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°
2. Crumble the chocolate wafer crumbs and mash them with the softened butter. Mix the crumbs well and then press them firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9-inch spring form pan extending about 1 inch up sides of the pan.
3. With electric mixer, whip the cream cheese till light and fluffy while adding sugar to mix well.
4. Add eggs while beating well one at a time to get a uniform mix.
5. Add kirsch and blend well and pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 1 hour.
6. Let the cake cool to room temperature on a wire rack.
7. Melt the chocolate in top of a double boiler while the double pan is on the heat. When the chocolate is melted, add the sour cream and spread over the top of the prepared cake. Chill thoroughly.
8. Serve chilled garnished with whipped cream and cherries.