- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Black Forest Cake Recipe Video
|Flour||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs) (2 Tablespoon Separated)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|60% bitter sweet chocolate||4 Ounce|
|Corn starch||2 Tablespoon|
|Heavy cream||1 Pint|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon, powdered|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Red maraschino cherries||1 Pound (1 Jar, Cherries And Juice Separated)|
|Chocolate bars||2 (For Chocolate Shavings)|
Calories 679 Calories from Fat 337
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.7%
Saturated Fat 23.1 g115.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 250.6 mg
Sodium 160.6 mg6.7%
Total Carbohydrates 75 g24.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.9%
Sugars 45.5 g
Protein 14 g27.9%
Vitamin A 35.7% Vitamin C 8.8%
Calcium 20.9% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. With a hand mixer, beat ½ cup sugar in egg yolk until a whitish mixture is achieved.
3. Place the chocolate in a bowl and melt it over a pan of boiling water.
4. Add the melted chocolate to the egg yolk mixture.
5. Temper the egg yolk with a little chocolate and then add the rest.
6. Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt.
7. Once the egg white starts to firm up, turn off the mixture and add 2 tablespoon sugar and whisk until peaks are formed.
8. Mix the corn starch with the flour; sift them in a metal sieve.
9. Mix the flour and egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture; alternately add some of egg white mixture and some flour until well incorporated.
10. Grease a 13*9 inch baking dish; place a piece of parchment paper in the pan.
11. Butter the parchment paper and pour the chocolate mixture into the pan.
12. Preheat the oven to 360 degrees F.
13. Bake the cake for 20-25 minutes.
14. When the cake is done, gently press the top of the cake, it should feel firm.
15. Shift the cake along with the parchment paper onto a cooling rack.
16. For making the whipped cream, make sure the whipping cream and utensils are very cold; keep them in refrigerator for few hours before using.
17. In a large mixing bowl, pour the cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
18. Beat the cream until firm.
19. Cover the bowl with a plastic wrap and put it in the fridge until you are ready to use it.
20. Using a vegetable peeler, shave the chocolate bar on a plate.
21. Cut the cherries into small pieces.
22. When the cake is cool enough, cut them with a glass for serving size pieces.
23. Horizontally slice each disk into two to get thinner slices.
24. Brush one side of a cake disk with the reserved cherry and add a dollop of whipped cream, add some cherry pieces and top with another disk.
25. Brush the top cake with reserved cherry liquid; add another dollop of whipped cream over the top layer of disk; add cherry pieces and top with another disk.
26. Cover the sides with the whipped cream leaving the top and base.
27. Roll the cake over the chocolate shavings.
28. For the decoration, insert a piping tube inside the piping bag, cut the end of the piping bag and fix the tube inside it.
29. Turn the bag inside out to make a pocket and fill it with some whipped cream.
30. Use your thumb to push the cream inside.
31. Bring the bag up, squeeze the ends to close and push the cream down.
32. Decorate the top of the cake and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
33. Serve chill.
"This video is a creation of Alia. You can visit Cooking With Alia for complete recipes, and more videos. It is the best resource for Moroccan and other international recipes. "