- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Currant Duck Breasts Recipe
|Duck breasts||3 , rinsed|
|Whole duck breasts||1 Pound, boned, rinsed, and patted dry (3 Whole)|
|Coarse salt||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarsely ground|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs), defatted|
|Chicken broth||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Black currant preserves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Black currant||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Syrup||2 Tablespoon (1 Can)|
|Cassis syrup||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 82 Calories from Fat 24
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 3 g4.1%
Saturated Fat 0.67 g3.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg
Sodium 192.6 mg8%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2%
Dietary Fiber 0.04 g0.18%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 9 g17.1%
Vitamin A 0.9% Vitamin C 32.5%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Halve the duck breasts lengthwise. Trim off the excess fat and skin from around the meat. Score the skin 3 times on the diagonal and sprinkle evenly with the salt and pepper.
2) In a large non- stick skillet, saute the 3 breast pieces with the skin side down, over high heat for 3 to 4 minutes, until well browned. Turn and saute for another 3 to 4 minutes.
3) Remove the cooked breasts on a plate, cover and allow to rest, until serving. Drain off any excess fat and saute the other 3 breast pieces.
4) Drain off the skillet fat, lightly wipe with a paper towel and heat the skillet over a medium-high heat.
5) Add the chicken broth and any duck juices. Bring to a boil, scrap the bottom of the pan and boil for 1 minute.
6) Lower the heat to medium and stir in the black currant preserves and cassis. Stir and cook for 5 to 6 minutes, until slightly thickened.
7) Slice the duck breasts on the diagonal and arrange the slices on serving plates. Spoon the sauce over the meat and serve immediately.