- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Cherry Squares Recipe
|Canned pitted bing cherries||2 Pound (2 Cans, 1 Pound Each Or 4 Cups)|
|Lemon juice||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs) (Use Fresh, Frozen, Or Canned)|
|Orange flavored gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Broken pecans||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Sliced stuffed green olives||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1549 Calories from Fat 711
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 81 g125.3%
Saturated Fat 9.3 g46.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 2088.7 mg87%
Total Carbohydrates 211 g70.3%
Dietary Fiber 29.4 g117.6%
Sugars 152.1 g
Protein 15 g29.5%
Vitamin A 44.3% Vitamin C 118.3%
Calcium 15.6% Iron 29.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Drain and reserve the syrup from the cherries, then add into the
lemon juice to level up 1 3/4 cups liquid.
2) Heat the mixture, stir into the gelatin to dissolve and refrigerate until slightly firm.
3) Mix in the olives, pecans and cherries evenly into the mixture.
4) In a 10x6x1 1/2-inch pan, pour the mixture and refrigerate until set.
5) Slice into squares and serve over a bed of lettuce leaves.