- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Quick Black Bottom Pie Recipe
|Ginger snaps||35 , crushed|
|Baking chocolate square||2|
|Condensed milk||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Jello vanilla pudding mix||4 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Plain gelatin||3 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 1061 Calories from Fat 357
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.5%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 85.3 mg
Sodium 879.6 mg36.7%
Total Carbohydrates 151 g50.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.4%
Sugars 102.3 g
Protein 25 g50.4%
Vitamin A 12.6% Vitamin C 2%
Calcium 32.3% Iron 11.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) To prepare the crust, first melt oleo.
2) Combine the melted oleo with ginger snap crumbs. Keep aside.
3) In the top portion of a double boiler, add the baking chocolate and condensed milk.
4) Heat for a while, until the chocolate melts well. You can beat the mixture with an egg beater, if it is not up to the desired consistency.
5) Now, cook for a few minutes until the mixture becomes thick.
6) Into the prepared crust, pour this mix. Let it cool well.
7) In a large bowl, combine pudding, some of the milk, egg yolks and sugar. Make these into a paste.
8) To this paste, gradually add the remaining milk.
9) Cook for a while, stirring constantly until the mix is thick.
10) Cool well and then add rum.
11) Meanwhile, in 1/4 cup of water, dissolve gelatin.
12) In a mixer, beat egg whites, until firm.
13) To the cooled pudding, add dissolved gelatin.
14) Then, mix in the beaten egg whites.
15) Over the chocolate layer, pour this mixture.
16) Chill thoroughly before serving. Serve with whipped cream.