- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Microwave Black Bottom Pie Recipe
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce (1 Ounce Per Square)|
|Half and half||1 Pint (2 Cup)|
|Eggs||4 , separated|
|Unflavored gelatin||1 Tablespoon (Use 1 Envelope)|
|Rum extract/Rum||2 Teaspoon|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|9 inch pastry crust||1|
|Sweetened whipped cream||2 Tablespoon (Or Use As Required)|
|Chocolate shavings||2 Tablespoon (Or Use As Required)|
Calories 451 Calories from Fat 240
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.5%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g61.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 173.9 mg
Sodium 239.4 mg10%
Total Carbohydrates 42 g13.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.3%
Sugars 14.4 g
Protein 13 g25.6%
Vitamin A 9.5% Vitamin C 1.3%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 13.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a mixing bowl, combine ½ cup sugar with cornstarch.
2. In 2-cup liquid measure, combine water and chocolate.
3. Melt the chocolate on Medium for 1 to 2 minutes with constant stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
4. Keep the melted chocolate aside.
5. In 2-cup liquid measure, heat half and half on High for 1-1/2 to 2-1/2 minutes until hot.
6. In a 1-1/2 quart casserole, beat egg yolks with a wire whisk.
7. Add half and half to the beaten egg yolks.
8. Add the sugar mixture to the egg-milk mixture; blend.
9. Cook on High for 2 minutes; stir.
10. Continue to cook on High for about 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 1/2 minute until the mixture thickens.
11. Blend in vanilla.
12. Remove 1 cup of vanilla pudding and blend into chocolate.
13. In the bottom of the pie shell, pour the chocolate mixture.
14. Chill the pie in the freezer.
15. In a custard cup, combine milk and gelatin.
16. Heat gelatin on High for 15 to 20 seconds until it dissolves.
17. Stir to blend.
18. Stir the gelatin into remaining vanilla pudding.
19. Add rum or extract.
20. Beat egg whites and cream of tartar until frothy.
21. Slowly beat in ¼ cup sugar.
22. Beat until stiff peaks form.
23. Stir rum-flavored pudding or beat lightly with mixer if necessary to smooth.
24. Mix with egg whites.
25. Pour it over chocolate filling.
26. Chill again.
27. Top with sweetened whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
28. Serve chill.