- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Beans Salad with Rice and Vegetables Recipe Video
|Red onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Corn||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), rehydrated (Thrive)|
|Green bell pepper||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), rehydrated (Thrive)|
|Carrots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), rehydrated (Thrive)|
|Black beans||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Long grain rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Thrive)|
|Chicken broth||3 Cup (48 tbs) (Thrive)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
Calories 281 Calories from Fat 57
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10%
Saturated Fat 0.9 g4.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 479.6 mg20%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.6%
Dietary Fiber 4.3 g17.1%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 8 g16.3%
Vitamin A 13.8% Vitamin C 8.4%
Calcium 4% Iron 8.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a saucepan and bring chicken broth to a boil.
2) Add rice and let it cook for 20 minutes on medium low heat.
3) In a bowl, whisk together vegetable oil, mustard, vinegar to make dressing
4) Add salt and pepper and whisk until incorporated.
5) To assemble a salad, take a large bowl and add all the ingredients.
6) Pour the dressing and toss to coat all the ingredients.
7) Serve the black bean and rice salad as a side dish in any season.