- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Divabetic Appetizers Recipe Video
|For black bean dip|
|Canned black bean||1 Cup (16 tbs), drained|
|Salsa||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Cilantro leaves||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely|
|Green onion||1 Teaspoon, chopped finely|
|Lemon||1 , juiced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Salt & pepper||To Taste|
|Basil leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
|Cherry tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs) (as required)|
|Mozzarella cheese balls||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (as required)|
Calories 157 Calories from Fat 66
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.8 mg
Sodium 563.8 mg23.5%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.3%
Dietary Fiber 4 g16.1%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 8 g15.2%
Vitamin A 21.7% Vitamin C 45.8%
Calcium 20.8% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. DIP: In a blender or food processor, put the black beans, salsa cumin and lime juice. Blend till smooth.
2. SKEWERS: On a skewer fold the large basil leaf and pin it followed by tomato and mozzarella. Arrange them as desired. Season with black pepper.
3. In a bowl mix lemon juice, olive oil and salt.
4. In a serving bowl, serve the black bean dip garnished with cilantro and green onion with tortilla chips.
5. In a serving platter serve the skewers with lemon juice olive oil mix.