- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Bean Stew with Turkey Recipe Video
|Turkey legs||2 Pound (bone in)|
|Squash||1 Medium, peeled, chopped|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), mince|
|Black beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), soaked overnight|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Cumin||1 Teaspoon, ground|
|All spice seasoning||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon (to taste)|
|Tomato paste||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Chipotle pepper||6 , chop|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water/Chicken stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
Calories 856 Calories from Fat 184
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.8%
Saturated Fat 6 g29.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 142.9 mg47.6%
Sodium 866 mg36.1%
Total Carbohydrates 98 g32.7%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99.2%
Sugars 16 g
Protein 74 g148.8%
Vitamin A 51.2% Vitamin C 63.6%
Calcium 30.5% Iron 84.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a pot, put turkey legs at the bottom. Add black beans, squash, onion, and garlic in it.
2. Sprinkle salt, cumin, all spice, oregano, and chili powder on top.
3. Put tomato paste in pot. Then, throw chopped chipotle pepper in it.
4. Add Worcestershire sauce and water. Place pot in slow cooker and cook for 8-10 hours over low heat.
5. Two hours before the end of cooking, take the turkey pieces out of the pot, de-bone and put it back again.
6. Serve black bean stew with bread slices.
If required, you can add some liquid about 2 hours before the end.
You can use water, wine or chicken stock to prepare the stew.