- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Bean Burgers Recipe Video
|Cheddar cheese slices||4|
|Canned beans||15 Ounce, rinsed and drained|
|Plain dry breadcrumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Salsa||1 Tablespoon ((your favorite))|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Dried oregano||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Lettuce leaves||4 Medium|
|Tomato slices||4 Medium|
|Whole wheat hamburger buns||4 Small (Optional)|
|Cooking oil spray||1|
Calories 359 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.9%
Saturated Fat 6.2 g30.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 29.4 mg
Sodium 862.8 mg36%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 21 g42.5%
Vitamin A 55.6% Vitamin C 37.1%
Calcium 34.3% Iron 20.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl, take the drained beans and using a fork, mash it nice.
2. Add the breadcrumbs, onion, salsa, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, chilli powder, oregano and cilantro; mix well.
3. Using wet hands make 4 patties of 3-4 inch size.
4. Heat a large skillet and spray with vegetable cooking oil, cook the black bean burger for 3-4 minutes on each side over medium high heat.
5. After the burgers are turned, place the cheese slices on top of them.
6. On a slice of whole wheat hamburger bun, place the lettuce and top with a slice of tomato.
7. Place the black bean burger and top with another slice of bun.
8. Serve immediately.