- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black Bean and Rice Salad Recipe
|Baby spinach||100 Gram|
|Cooked basmati rice||200 Gram|
|Canned black beans||400 Gram, rinsed and drained (1 Tin)|
|Avocado||1 , peeled, stoned and quartered|
|Mango||1 , peeled, stoned and quartered|
|Ground cumin||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Limes||2 , juiced and zested|
|Hot pepper sauce||1 Teaspoon (Tabasco Chipotle Is Good)|
Calories 282 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 379.5 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 9.9 g39.4%
Sugars 9.2 g
Protein 8 g16.8%
Vitamin A 44.7% Vitamin C 52.2%
Calcium 17.8% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a small bowl, use a fork to whisk cumin, oil, lime juice, zest and pepper sauce until well blended.
2. Taste and adjust seasoning.
3. Make a bed of rice on each of the 4 warm salad plates.
4. Arrange spinach, beans, avocado and mango in layers over the rice.
5. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and spoon some on the sides as well.
6. Serve the salad immediately.