- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Black and White Peppermint Bark Recipe Video
|Brown chocolate||8 Ounce (You Can Use Dark, Semisweet, Milk Chocolate Or Whatever You Desire)|
|White chocolate||8 Ounce|
|Vegetable oil||2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
|Peppermint extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon (Divided)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2471 Calories from Fat 1368
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 150 g231.4%
Saturated Fat 86.9 g434.7%
Trans Fat 0.3 g
Cholesterol 45.4 mg
Sodium 272.6 mg11.4%
Total Carbohydrates 256 g85.3%
Dietary Fiber 15.9 g63.5%
Sugars 224.4 g
Protein 27 g54.9%
Vitamin A 13.2% Vitamin C 9.1%
Calcium 67.2% Iron 101%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. If making one sheet of bark, line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or waxed paper. Also, double the ingredients to do this preparation.
2. In a heat safe bowl, add the brown chocolate.
3. Melt chocolate at 50% power in 30 second intervals.
4. Stir well after each heating.
5. When fully melted, stir in half of the vegetable oil and half of the peppermint extract.
6. Pour chocolate evenly in the silicone molds or spread out evenly on the cookie sheet.
7. Sprinkle with some of the candy cane pieces and transfer to the refrigerator until fully set and hardened.
8. Repeat melting process with the white chocolate and then add the vegetable oil and peppermint extract.
9. Pour this evenly in the silicone molds over the brown chocolate or spread evenly over the white chocolate.
10. Sprinkle with more of the peppermint.
11. Transfer to the refrigerator for another 30-60 minutes or until fully hardened.
12. Unmold from the silicone molds or break or cut-up if you used the cookie sheet method.
13. Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container and serve as and when required.