- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Festive Black and Tan Brownies Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cocoa powder||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1 Cup (16 tbs), cubed|
|Bitter sweet chocolate||8 Ounce, chopped|
|White chocolate||3 Ounce, chopped|
|Egg||4 Medium (at room temperature)|
|Granulated sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Pecan||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped (optional) (Optional)|
|Beer||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Guinness)|
|Peanut butter chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (for frosting)|
|Ale||1 Cup (16 tbs) (for frosting)|
Calories 1422 Calories from Fat 756
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.3%
Saturated Fat 50.1 g250.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 211.8 mg70.6%
Sodium 294.1 mg12.3%
Total Carbohydrates 183 g61%
Dietary Fiber 43.7 g174.7%
Sugars 86.8 g
Protein 40 g79%
Vitamin A 23.7% Vitamin C 0.77%
Calcium 24.1% Iron 109.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC).
2) Grease and flour a 9X13 baking pan or line it with parchment paper.
3) In a medium bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa and salt together; set aside.
4) In a glass or metal bowl over a pot of gently simmer water, melt the butter, bittersweet chocolate and white chocolate, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
5) In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and sugar on high speed for 3 minutes.
6) Slowly add the melted chocolate mixture and beat until combined.
7) Stir in the flour mixture and chopped pecans (if using) until just combined. Do not overmix.
8) Stir in the stout to make runny batter.
9) Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted near the edge comes out clean.
10) Allow the brownies to cool completely before frosting.
11) Frosting: in a glass or metal bowl placed over a pot of gently simmering water.
12) Melt the peanut butter chips and ale together, stirring until smooth.
13) Spoon dollops of the frosting onto the cooled brownies and spread evenly overtop, working quickly before the frosting hardens.
14) Cut the cooled brownies into squares and serve.